Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Week Fifty Two Project…. And it's a wrap!

Week Fifty Two has finally arrived!!

Wow.  I have so many feelings about this.  I'm excited and very proud that I've finished my project (it's a little late, but hey, better late than never!), but I'm also sad at the idea of it ending, given that (for the most part) I've enjoyed it immensely.  Right now things are feeling pretty bittersweet.  This project has been part of my life for a really long time, so it's going to be hard to let it go and move on to the next project (although I've got a project coming up really soon that I'm super excited about so I'll share that shortly!).

As you may have read/heard in some of the interviews I've done, the reason I started this project was to set myself goals and structure when I moved to Seattle.  Moving here was a struggle at first, and it was hard to get away from nagging questions that suddenly popped inside my head (like "what am I doing with my life???").  You know the ones.  Rather than having a massive freak out, I decided to spend my time here dedicated to establishing myself as a composer, and I used this project as a way to quickly build up a portfolio of material, and also to prove to myself that I could do it.

Before I post my very last piece for this project, I'd like to say a massive thank you for stopping by my blog and my SoundCloud page over the last year and a bit, and taking the time to listen to my music - it really has been much appreciated!!

And now for my Week Fifty Two Project!!  My sister Nicole gave me the idea of setting music to a video (thanks Nic!), so I found some fantastic public domain promotional footage from the 1962 Worlds Trade Fair held here in Seattle.  Greg helped me to edit it (well, he did most of the work really), and I set it to music.  So without further ado, here is the last installment of Fifty Two Weeks:

YouTube clip with accompanying film:




Or of course you can just listen to it on my SoundCloud page:








No comments:

Post a Comment