Monday, January 13, 2014

Week Thirty Eight Project

I asked Greg what sort of piece I should write this week, and he suggested the idea of incorporating some white noise into the piece, and I thought that would be a great idea!

I downloaded some white noise under a creative commons license from the website http://www.freesound.org and played around with it.  It was very relaxing and calming so I wanted to dirty it up a bit.  I've never experimented with any 'glitch' but I thought it would be a good chance to, so  I downloaded a great free glitch plugin called Livecut from http://mdsp.smartelectronix.com/livecut/ and played around with that too.  The result is some glitchy white noise underpinning a staccato-driven piece.  I love the glitch effect so I'll try to play around with it a bit more in upcoming weeks.

So here's my Week Thirty Eight project:



Also, I'm excited to announce that one of my tracks has been included in the wonderful London based label Bigo & Twigetti's winter sampler!  I'll post more about that once it gets release.



No comments:

Post a Comment