Sunday, November 10, 2013

Week Thirty Two Project

This week is an improvised piece, so the piano parts were done in one take.  Which explains the horrid timing issues.  I think I've mentioned it before, but playing in time is not my strong suite.  And I hate metronomes.  I use them quite a bit when recording, but I find them inhibiting when I'm sitting down to just play around.  Usually I have a play, think of a few ideas and then start nutting them out with the metronome.  But this week I had a play, and quite liked what came out so I went with that without re-recording it.

The whale-like sounds under the piano are some vocals of mine I've messed up.  Although I felt like a whale today.  I went into American Apparel to try on some jeans this afternoon.  Really truly one of the scariest things I've ever done.  I didn't even think I was particularly scared of jeans shopping it but turns out I was wrong. It's terrifying.


No comments:

Post a Comment