Friday, June 14, 2013

Hawaiian Haze (Part One)

Aloha!

I have just arrived back from a wonderful trip to Hawaii where I met up with my awesome (and hilarious) friend Chantal, and oh my goodness did we have an amazing time!

We soaked up the rays on the beach, climbed a volcano, swam with the turtles and went to a Luau, but I think my favourite part was just chillaxing with delicious Pina Colada's.

Here's some of my favourite photos from the trip (I'll put some more up in a few weeks).  Many of these photos were taken on my iPhone which explains why the quality isn't the best, but I think they still manage to capture the lazy, hazy tropical atmosphere that we basked in all week.

Oh Hawaii, I miss you already!

View from the top of Diamond Head Volcano
Selfie at the top of Diamond Head just to prove I made it up!
Yep, we were pretty happy after hiking uphill for an hour.


Yum!!  Oh my goodness those Lava Flow cocktails were a revelation.
Waikiki Beach!
There were lots of gorgeous tropical treetop canopies.
And glorious sunsets. 



We caught the Waikiki Rigger out and swam with turtles and fish which was both the highlight and lowlight of the trip.  Highlight was snorkelling next to turtles, and lowlight was getting sea sick for the first time ever in my life and hurling over the side of the boat. Oops! 
Who are those glamazons on the beach?!
Photo booth fun times.

Strawberry, coconut and macadamia nut pancakes with coconut syrup.  Oh dear.






No comments:

Post a Comment