Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Fancy Wedding in the English Countryside

I went to my sister-in-law Megan's wedding at Hengrave Hall, and boy was it fancy!   There was nothing they hadn't thought of, from Australian-themed cake pops, to cigars, to free flip flops for the dance floor (it's more comfortable for the high-heeled ladies).  They even managed to convince the English weather to put on a good display.

Greg & I stayed at Hengrave Hall for the night, and it just might have been some of the loveliest accommodation I've spent a drunken night at.  Here is a sneak peak: 

Hengrave Hall, a 16th Century Tudor manor house.  AKA, our accommodation.
Hengrave Hall at 5am.  We were jet lagged.
The beautiful gardens in the back.  This is my Alice in Wonderland moment.
More beautiful gardens!  Not sure if you can see properly, but there were garden games set up for the guests. 
Who's that handsome chap?!
Believe it or not, this is Greg doing a happy face.

Our bedroom for the night!  It was so BIG!
Drinking tea in bed.  As you do. 

Feeling pretty chuffed about it really. 
Greg had to tell me to step back from the cake on a few occasions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment