Friday, April 19, 2013

Printing 101

This week I finished my first ever print class, but I enjoyed it so much I'm going to retake the same class starting in a couple of weeks.

We went through so many different techniques of printing including using found objects, collagraphs, pronto plates, and shellac plates.  Even though I got a taste of all these techniques, I don't feel I properly got a grasp of any of them, which is why I want to take the class again.  So far, shellac plates are my favourite, as they produce such lovely textures.

Here's some of my prints (I've posted a few of these already, so forgive me for the repetition):

Shellac plates
Collagraph on a monoprint 
Pronto plates on a monoprint
Monoprint
Pronto plate on a monoprint
Monoprint
Shellac plates
Shellac plates
Shellac plate on a monoprint
Shellac plate on a monoprint
Shellac plates


No comments:

Post a Comment