Saturday, April 27, 2013

Photo portraits. Ugh.

In an attempt to look like a more 'serious' composer on Soundcloud, I decided I needed an actual photo of myself as my profile picture as opposed to using a picture of random colourful blobby things.

Problem is, I absolutely HATE having my photo taken.

However, I sucked it up, put on my favourite vintage dress, earrings I thrifted from Value Village in Capitol Hill last weekend for $1.50 (bargain!!), and asked Greg if he could please do the honours.

Out of about 25 photos there were 3 I found mildly palatable:

This was my favourite and is subsequently now my Soundcloud profile picture.  It was taken in our bathroom.  Classy.
I like this one because it shows my dress properly.  Such an awesome dress.  I think it was $10 from the Hello Sailor Vintage Fair a few years ago in Melbourne if I remember correctly.  What's so amazing about it is that it's got some kind of wild cat print and deer on it at the same time.  So it's both the hunter and the hunted.  It also has a built in fake bolero.  Genius.
Here, I'm rocking the "it's getting windy, I'm cold and mildly annoyed and I want to go back inside now" look.

3 comments:

  1. I just discovered your music and I love what I hear! A very interesting nice blog you have here as well. I try to blog myself (creativecornerfun.blogspot.com) but I am not as active as you are (school takes time and I am a bit lazy on writing posts, hehe).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peder - thanks for your lovely comment and thanks for stopping by my little blog! I've just looked at your blog and I think it's great. I love that you've incorporated videos.

      Delete