Sunday, March 31, 2013

Week Fifteen Project. Be Excellent To Each Other.

This week I dusted off my trusty fretless bass and played it for the first time since being here in Seattle.   I was toying with the idea of writing a bass only piece, but it was starting to sound a bit "Big Bottom" (and not in the awesome way that only Spinal Tap could do), so I added a few more instruments to even it out.

As I was procrastinating researching on youtube, I had a sudden and overwhelming urge to watch a clip of Bill & Ted visiting The Future Council. Repeatedly.  Is it extremely lame and uncool that I totally love that song without any shred of irony?? Should I even be admitting that publicly on the internet??  Probably not.  But seeing as though I just did, I may as well also post a link to my Week Fifteen Project:



On a completely unrelated note, here are some more photos of cherry blossoms and other things around our area.  Photographing cherry blossoms has become a mini obsession of mine lately.  They're just so beautiful and I feel like I need to take advantage of them while they're around.  This weekend the weather has been extraordinary, but according to all accounts the weather doesn't really properly change here until July, so I've still got a few months of grey misery to get through before I can enjoy Summer in all its glory.

Colorful graffiti near the Amazon offices 
Temporary corridor

Cherry blossoms!

No comments:

Post a Comment