Monday, October 29, 2012

Week Three - Found Sounds

Time for a mini field trip!

This week I'm going to venture beyond the confines of our (cosy) apartment and record some sounds in and around Seattle to incorporate into my piece.

I really miss recording sounds and messing around with the sound waves, so this could be a good way of getting back into it.  One thing I tend to get a bit obsessed with is reversing sound waves, so there's a good chance there'll be a bit of that action happening this week!  

I used to record music/sounds in Pro Tools, but now I've moved over to Logic (Pro Tools was sadly incompatible with the midi bank I bought).  I've never actually recorded proper audio in Logic (everything so far has been midi), so fingers crossed it's not too dissimilar to Pro Tools.  I'm notoriously bad with learning new technology (read: impatient).  Although, if I want to be mobile, maybe I'm better off using Garageband? Or even (dare I say it) my iPhone?  Hmmmm.  I'll guess I'll find out this week.






No comments:

Post a Comment